TOM
TOM, Gunsmith
Experience:  17 YRS EXPERIENCE,Certified Armorer
47830436

Tom I am a gunsmith in Michigan and own a manufacturing company,

Customer Question

tom I am a gunsmith in Michigan and own a manufacturing company, I just had a guy bring me a dan Wesson 357 magnum that's said to blow out the sides the only thing I can find wrong is a slight cantor compared to the cylinder. would the barrel be easier to buy or just true up the old one?
Category: Firearms
Expert:  TOM replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I would true the existing barrel, you want .002" clearance between the barrel and cylinder. The barrels are adjustable for clearance with the lock nut that is in the end of the shroud. ( most Dan Wessons are). Use a spanner wrench to remove the lock nut and the shroud will pull off. Then just unscrew the barrel. When assembling it lay a .002" feeler gauge on the front of the cylinder and screw the barrel in until it touches, slide the shroud on and install the lock nut. Tom