ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor
Experience:  Certified Firearms Instructor and Glock Certified Armorer.
30945867

Bill - I have opportunity to purchase either an L.C. Smith,

Customer Question

Hi Bill - I have opportunity to purchase either an L.C. Smith, field grade 16 ga. in 99% shape or a Heym BLNE 16 ga in equal condition - either for about the same price. What gun would you recommend I purchase? I want to shot it and enjoy the gun in the field.
Category: Firearms
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.
Good morning,
It seems that Bill is not available. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you. Are you looking to hunt with the gun, or just shoot is recreationally?
Jim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
both but not a lot of either. more recreation than not. I've seen blue book on the LC Smith field is above listing price ($1999.) but I fnd little on the Heym BLNE (not sure that model is accurate)
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.
Being a German made gun, there aren't a lot of "local" opinions out there on Heyms shotguns from what I could find, although they have certainly been around a long time. The little bit of info that I have is that they do make a quality shotgun. I would rather see a 99% LC Smith shotgun in a display case to be admired, rather than carried in the field and possibly damaged. The Smith is certainly a great gun, but they are no longer made so repairs, replacement parts, etc. are going to be hard to come by. Heym is still currently producing firearms, so I think that it would be easier to fix something or get repairs made should something break.
For what you want to use the gun for, I would suggest the Heym.
Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Jim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, Jim. I appreciate your response.
Mark
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.
My pleasure. Please remember to complete a positive rating on your Just Answer screen, so that the website can credit me for assisting you.
Thanks!
Jim
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.
Are you having some trouble completing the rating?