Big River Guns
Big River Guns, Federal Firearms Dealer
Experience:  Many years in gun sales, repair, troubleshooting, customizing, and consulting. Licensed by the ATF.
66637759

I have a Sentry Safe with a tag reading OA 3810 Av60981. The

Customer Question

I have a Sentry Safe with a tag reading OA 3810 Av60981. The lighted panel is very dim and the combination after the key has been inserted results in nothing happening. The newer models appear to have an access panel to change the battery. Hope do I get the safe opened.
Bobie Hughes
Red Bluff, CA
Category: Firearms
Expert:  Big River Guns replied 1 year ago.
The lock keypad will turn to the right and then can be pulled out. Behind it is the battery area. Insert 4 new AA batteries, push the keypad insert back in and turn to the left until it is in the 12 o'clock position. Then insert your code which should allow the safe to open. Weak batteries will cause the lock to seize and not allow opening of course.