Big River Guns
Big River Guns, Federal Firearms Dealer
Experience:  Many years in gun sales, repair, troubleshooting, customizing, and consulting. Licensed by the ATF.
66637759

Have a Walther P38 code ac 41 same serial number 659 c in

Customer Question

Have a Walther P38 code ac 41 same serial number 659 c in 3 places. Can you tell me more about the pistol. When it was made and value
Category: Firearms
Expert:  Big River Guns replied 1 year ago.

Your P38 is as follows:

Starting in September of 1940 all P38 were dated under “ac” code with two last digits of the production year.

AC41- In 1941 The serial numbering started again at 1. Until the end of that year, which ended at 9999j. In this year several changes can be noted. The "AC" stamping on the left trigger guard was omitted. Also the high polished commercial finish was replaced by a matte military finish. Total production this year was around 112,795.

There are 2 variations of the AC41 model as follows with values attached:

AC-41 1st and 2nd Variation
9mm Para. cal., last military high polish P.38s, only 1st var. has "ac" on left trigger guard (ser. range 1-4833b), 2nd var. continues to serial no. 4527i.

Yours would be the AC-41 2nd variation with the c code. The value is as follows based on condition:

100%98%95%90%80%70%60%
N/A$2,100$1,800$1,650$1,400$1,000$800

Add 30% for matching mag.

These are the current fair market values based on standard percent grading rules that are used on all guns.

These rules can be found here:

http://www.1stclassfirearms.com/Grading.htm

This Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of the appraisal. The value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal for retail or wholesale purposes.

The information and values in this appraisal are compiled from a variety of sources including the current editions of the Blue Book of Gun Values , my internal reference library, my network of Firearms experts across the United States, firearms auctions, and through various online sites.

If you haven't already done so, when you get a chance, please provide feedback with the button provided. That will close out the question and allow me to get paid.

Thanks!