Bill
Bill, Gunsmith
Experience:  40 yrs. experience as master machinist/tool and die maker and gunsmith. I own and operate a tool and die shop and custom gunsmithing/gunmaking shop.
9353784

Bill, i have a cf1917 sn 987938 that has been sporterized.

Customer Question

Hi Bill,
i have a cf1917 sn 987938 that has been sporterized. any idea what it is worth?
Category: Firearms
Expert:  Philip Van Cleave replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using Blue Book and Just Answer!My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help you.Back shortly with evaluation.
May 23, 2015Thank you for your interest in our Firearms Appraisal service. The information you provided was used to properly identify the information below. Here is the information you requested about your Firearm firearm taken from www.bluebookofgunvalues.comManufacturer/Trademark – WinchesterModel/configuration – Model U.S. 1917 Enfield, .30-06 cal. with 26 inch bbl., and blue, parkerized or black matte finish.Additional Information – sporterized, bolt action, 5 shot.Estimated Value Range – Current value should be between $475 and $525. I trust that this information will be of interest. If you have further questions, or require assistance in the future, please feel free to contact me via pearl.com’s question service.For other firearms related information, please visit www.bluebookofgunvalues.comSincerely,PhilipThis Firearm appraisal is a value estimate on the appraised firearm for the date of the appraisal. The value quoted is a real world market value (also known as a private party value) and is the amount you should expect to pay for the firearm. This is not an appraisal for retail or wholesale purposes.The information and values in this appraisal are compiled from a variety of sources including the current editions of the Blue Book of Gun Values , my internal reference library, my network of Firearms experts across the United States, firearms auctions, and through various online sites.The values in this appraisal are based on recent sales of comparable and similar firearms taking into account the rarity, desirability, and overall original condition of the firearm. In the case that a comparable sale is not readily available, the value is based on a projected amount that the firearm would be expected to sell for.All information compiled in this firearm evaluation using the Blue Book of Gun Values online database and Photo Percentage Grading System is copyrighted 2012 by Blue Book Publications, Inc. and may not be used for any other purpose without written permission from the publisher. Any unauthorized usage of the Photo Percentage Grading System for the evaluation of firearms values and color photo percentage breakdown is also expressly forbidden by the publisher.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you.
Glad to help!
Expert:  Bill replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I would be glad to help you any way that I can by answering your question to the best of my ability.
Your Pattern 1917 was made in Eddystone in Sept. of 1918.
Winchester serial numbers are not that high.
Depending on the condition and how it has been sporterized, it could be worth between $500 and $2000. Can you tell me anything about the stock, barrel, and whether it has been re-barreled or not?
Thanks,
Bill