TOM
TOM, Gunsmith
Experience:  17 YRS EXPERIENCE,Certified Armorer
47830436

I am filling out the NRA insurance firearms. My

Customer Question

I am filling out the NRA insurance for stolen firearms. My late husband left them with some of the info but i'm clueless as to some the NRA form states they will only consider listings with all info or most so !st apron value of Dan & wesson 357 mag,Smith&wesson double action 9mm model 459, Savage111 270 cal and IZH-94 MP combination over &under 22LR. All in very good condition Robert had a collection but died before he had a chance to really enjoy. Kimberley Anne
Category: Firearms
Expert:  TOM replied 1 year ago.
Do you know the model numbers for the Dan Wesson and Taurus 40 caliber?
If the Taurus is a metal framed gun the serial number should be on the side of the frame near the trigger guard. If it is a polymer framed gun it will be on the bottom of the frame under the barrel, there will be a small plate about 1/4" x 1" with the number stamped on it.
The serial number for the Savage 111 will be on the left rear side of the receiver.
The value for a S&W Model 459 in good to very good condition is $300 to $350. Excellent would be $425.
The value for the Baikal IZH-94 in good to very good condition is $325 to $350. Excellent would be $450.
The Savage Model 111 is $285 to $325 with a synthetic stock and $300 to $350 with a wood stock. Excellent would be $375 and $450. There are many different versions of the Model 111 and it is possible the value could be higher. Are there ant letters after Model 111 on the barrel?
Tom