Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave, Firearms Instructor
Experience:  Firearms instructor, 40 years experience with firearms.

What is a remington semi-automatic model 11 shotgun worth.

What is a remington semi-automatic model 11 shotgun worth. It was made in 1943. I also have a winchester 94, year 1962; winchester 97, year 1904 and a winchester 62, year 1936.
Category: Firearms
Expert:  Philip Van Cleave replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer!

The Remington Model 11 is chambered in either 12, 16, or 20 gauge and is a semi-automatic 5-shot shotgun with a barrel length from 26 to 32 inches and comes in various grades. They were designed by John M. Browning and made under license by Fabrique Nationale in Belgium. They are blued with a checkered walnut stock. They were made from 1911 to 1948.

Retail values for Remington Model 11A:

Plain Barrel

Excellent: $480-$720
Very Good: $300-$360
Good: $210-$240

Solid Rib

Excellent: $540-$780
Very Good: $330-$420
Good: $240-$270

Ventilated Rib

Excellent: $600-$840
Very Good: $360-$480
Good: $270-$300

--

The Winchester Model 94 in the serial number range provided is Winchester's Model 1894 lever-action carbine made between 1940-1964 and chambered for .30-30, .32-40, .38-55, .25-35 Winchester, and the .32 Winchester Special. It has a 20 inch round barrel. There is a single band holding the forearm. It has a blued finish and comes with a straight-grip walnut stock. There is no saddle ring.

Retail values:

Excellent: $720-$990
Very Good: $540-$600
Good: $420-$480
Fair: $270-$360
Poor: $240

--

The Winchester Model 62 replaced the Model 1890 and Model 1906 when they were dropped from the line in 1932. An updated version of earlier slide-action .22 rifles, the Model 62 is chambered in .22 Short, Long, Long Rifle, or .22 WRF. The Model 62 "gallery guns" have "Winchester" stamped on the left side of the receiver and are chambered in .22 Short only. Model 62 gallery rifles have a triangular loading port on the loading tube, not regular models do not have. Model 62A has a change to the breach bolt mechanism, occurring around serial number 98000. The letter "A" then appeared behind the serial number. Production ended in 1958. Collectors put a premium on pre-WW II guns with small slide handles.

The stock is plain walnut with a straight grip and grooved slide handle. The receiver and barrel are both blued and all guns are takedown versions. There is a visible hammer on the gun. Around 409,000 guns were sold.

Since your gun was made in 1936 making it pre-WW II, you can add 30% to the values below.

Retail values for a regular Model 62/62A:

Excellent: $675-$1,500
Very Good: $375-$475
Good: $250-$300
Fair: $155-$200
Poor: $130

--

The Winchester Model 1897 slide-action shotgun is chambered in either 12 or 16 gauge with a plain pistol grip stock and a barrel length between 26 and 32 inches. It is available in a solid frame or in a take down configuration and has a visible hammer.

Retail values:

Excellent: $780-$1,200
Very Good: $600-$660
Good: $360-$480
Fair: $210-$300
Poor: $180

I hope this helps.

Philip
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My model 11 has a pheasant inscribed on the side and has a vented barrel with two different ends that can be interchanged. Does this make a difference in the price. I would say it is in good to excellent cond..

That sounds like a Model 11E (Expert), which has a hand-checkered walnut stock and scroll engraving with game scenes engraved in a panel.

Retail values:

Excellent: $4,200-$5,400
Very Good: $3,000-$3,600
Good: $2,150-$2,400

Philip
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I just noticed that the stock has the letter "FJA" on the side of the stock and panel say "military finish". Model 11 is inscribed on the on the chamber release. Do you still think this is a 11 expert?

Probably not.

Can you attach some photos of the gun (use the paper clip icon to do so)?

Philip
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately I can't send a picture at this time. The serial # XXXXX(NNN) NNN-NNNNand I notice that it has a duck inscribed on one side of panel and pheasant on the other.

OK - that's just a regular Model 11. Your gun should look similar to this:

graphic

Philip
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So is that the same as 11A? Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX my last question. I will give you a excellent evaluation when you reply.

Correct - that is a Model 11A.

Philip
Philip Van Cleave, Firearms Instructor
Experience: Firearms instructor, 40 years experience with firearms.
Bill,

Thank you for the positive feedback and bonus.

Please keep Just Answer and me in mind should you have any future firearms-related questions.

If you wish to send me a question directly, you can use this web address:

http://www.justanswer.com/firearms/expert-philipvancleave/

(No need to respond to this post.)

Philip