Bill
Bill, Gunsmith
Experience:  40 yrs. experience as master machinist/tool and die maker and gunsmith. I own and operate a tool and die shop and custom gunsmithing/gunmaking shop.

I have a .32 cal. autothat says : pistolet automatique "IDEAL"

I have a .32 cal. autothat says
: pistolet automatique "IDEAL"
F. Arizmendi Goenaga-Eibar

it has FEU stamped above the trigger gauge and an AG in a circle on the back strap.
Can you give me any information and value for this gun?
Category: Firearms
Expert:  Bill replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I would be glad to help you any way that I can by answering your question to the best of my ability.
This is a Pistolet Automatique de 7 millim.65 genre "Ruby".
Ruby copy under direct contract to the Allies: Francisco Arizmendi/ Arizmendi y Goenaga - French Military code stamp AG

IDEAL Arizmendi y Goenaga From 1886 to 1914; in Eibar, Spain. AG code

Arizmendi y Goenaga was originally founded in the 1890's making Velo Dog type revolvers and reformed in 1914 as F. Arizmendi manufacturing semi-auto pistols in Eibar, Spain. Production was 90,000 for France. In later years they were produced under several trade names. They went out of business with the political upheavel before the Civil War.

IZARRA Bonifacio Echeverria. When war broke out in 1914 Star had been selling their model 1914 to France but they were complicated guns to make and therefore high priced. They were in a trooper model and an officers model, in 7.65mm. France wanted something cheaper and needing more guns than what were being produced by others, Echeverria started making a gun similar to the Ruby and called it the Izarra, which is Basque for Star. Continuing to sell the Star 1914 to France as well, he sold 57,000 Izarras to them according to records. The brothers Echeverria had 54 workers when the war broke out in 1914.

So, basically this gun (design) was made by about 30+ different companies during the time period. made by Francisco Arizmendi (originally known as Arizmendi Y Goenaga); Arizmendi y Goenaga was the maker and "IDEAL" was his name for the gun. Hence the stamp AG.
The Pistolet Automatique de 7 millimètre 65 genre "Ruby" is a simplified and relatively inexpensive copy of the Browning Model 1903 that was made by Fabrique Nationale d'Armes de Guerre au Belgique (FN).

Caliber: 7.65mm - .32acp
Overall Length: 160mm
Height: 125mm
Barrel: 95mm
Weight: 825 gm
Sights: fixed
Magazine Capacity: 9 round
Magazine Release: bottom of frame
Slide hold open Feature:
Grips: Checkered Walnut
Safety: center of frame left side
safety markings are in French: Feu and Sur.
Blue Book Values:
Exc.: $625, Vgood: $525, Good: $395

Bill, Gunsmith
Experience: 40 yrs. experience as master machinist/tool and die maker and gunsmith. I own and operate a tool and die shop and custom gunsmithing/gunmaking shop.
Expert:  Bill replied 1 year ago.
Thank you...
Glad to be of help.

Bill