TOM
TOM, Gunsmith
Experience:  17 YRS EXPERIENCE,Certified Armorer
47830436
Firearms

I was wondering what year my US Revolver Co revolver was made.

It is a 5 shot... Show More
It is a 5 shot with a hammer, solid frame, 32, with US Revolver Co, Made in USA above cylinder. Serial number #B28113, flat-leaf spring, grips are wood checked with stamp that looks like CM, not an owl and not a U S as other Iver Johnson made revolvers I have seen. The barrel is smooth without markings, serial number without letter prefix is located under trigger guard. Serial number with letter is under left grip.

Thank you

The U S Revolver Automatic Hammer was produced by Iver Johnson between 1910 and 1935. There is no published serial number information and the new Iver Johnson Arms Co. does not have any information on older models.

It was produced in 22, 32, and 38 calibers with a 5 or 7 shot cylinder and barrel lengths of 3", 3 1/4" and 5". There were 2 different grips available, the standard grip with U S on the top and optional oversized 2 piece hard rubber grips.

They were sold through the wholesale trade market and were never listed in the Iver Jonson catalogs. The values for your gun are:

excellent-$250, very good-$170, good-$120, fair-$95, poor-$65.

I hope this helps you,

Tom