Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave, Firearms Instructor
Experience:  Firearms instructor, 40 years experience with firearms.

I have a Belgium Browning 9mm hi power with the german waafen

I have a Belgium Browning 9mm hi power with the german waafen stamp and wings on it - it is in good/fair shape - bluing is slightly faded and grip is slightly worn - has the adj elevated rear sight and all the numbers on the frame, slide, and bolt match - what could it be worth??
Thank you for using Just Answer!

What is the serial number on that Model 1935? Do you see a "WaA613" marking on it?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
WaA140 - MR on front of trigger guard - WaA140 on both the frame and slide - wings stamped on bolt frame and slide
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
114191 on the frame slide and bolt
The WW II production of the Browning Model 1935 (called Model 640(b) by the Germans) were made during the German occupation of Belgium. Quality of finish varies from fine to crude, as the war proceeded. Those guns with the tangent sights are less common.

Excellent: $1,800-$2,220
Very Good: $1,200-$1,500
Good: $960-$1,080

I hope this helps. If you are satisfied with my answer, please click the "accept" button. Thanks!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Does this mean i have a 640b based on my description?? are those the prices with tangent sight or without tangent sight?? would it help the value to have the gun re blued?? and if so how much is it to re blue a handgun??- - thx for your help
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
how about the value of a Wards/Western Field model 35 12ga pump gun from about the 1930's?? serial # XXXXX
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
did you get my last questions??
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
still no reply
I've been out of the office, sorry.

Yes to the 640b is what you have. Those prices are WITH the tangent sight. If you reblue the gun, it cannot be considered better than "fair" in condition. Collectors want the original finish, so I generally discourage customers from rebluing such a gun. Rebluing costs are probably going to run about $75 for a gunsmith to do it. For a gun in poor condition or one you just want to keep, rebluing is OK.

On the Wards gun, that is a new question and Just Answer requires that it be asked using a new question thread (basically starting a the question from scratch).

If you want to direct the question to me, just enter it on my page:

Thank you for the "accept" on your Browning. If you have future firearms questions, please keep Just Answer and me in mind.