TOM308
TOM308, Gunsmith
Experience:  15 YRS EXPERIENCE, LAW ENFORCEMENT ARMORER
47830436

what is the value of a Winchester 30-30 Rifle Canadian Centennial

what is the value of a Winchester 30-30 Rifle Canadian Centennial 1867-1967 with octagonal barrel?
Category: Firearms
Expert:  TOM308 replied 2 years ago.

There were a total of 90,301 of the Canadian Centennial Rifles and Carbines manufactured in 1967. The issue price was $125 and the current value of a "New In The Box" gun is $900.

I hope this helps you,

Tom

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it is NOT in the box and is considered a "shooter" from what I understand. It is a beautiful gun with maple leaves engraved on the side plate. Number just underneath the Barrel is 23272 immediately before the foregrip? this is the SN#?
Expert:  TOM308 replied 2 years ago.

Yes, it is the serial number. If the gun has been fired, it has the same value as any other model 94 in the same condition. The values are:

excellent-$600, very good-$425, good-$300, fair-$200, poor-$100.

Tom

TOM308, Gunsmith
Experience: 15 YRS EXPERIENCE, LAW ENFORCEMENT ARMORER
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Tom for your time. This is the last of my father's guns that we are trying to value since his sudden death in Jan of this year. Blessings.
Expert:  TOM308 replied 2 years ago.

You're welcome.

Sorry about your dad, I know it isn't easy.

Tom

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry I cannot leave a tip for you as I have no money right now. I will ask you any further gun questions in the future. thanks

Michelle

Expert:  TOM308 replied 2 years ago.

It is not necessary, I understand and have been in the same situation.

Tom

TOM308, Gunsmith
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Tom,
My dads gun is still in the family. Thank you.
My husband has a Gewehr 43 (G43) German rifle in about 80% condition with the manual in German that goes in the buttstock. Made in 1944 with a number of 74 on the upper frame and slide action. Is this the the entire serial number or something else. No scope. Box magazine we do have. Cleaning kit with it. no corrosion and very light outer barrel rub. Brought over from Germany wrapped in cheesecloth and kosmoline.
Ideas $ ?
Thanks
Michelle
Expert:  TOM308 replied 2 years ago.

The G43 was introduced in 1943. It is a semi-auto rifle chambered for the 8mm Mauser. It has a 22" barrel, 10 round magazine and a full length stock with a handguard. It was made by Walther and should have an "ac" code marked on it. I do not think 74 is the full serial number. They were first made in 1943 and there were over 500,000 manufactured. The serial number should be on the left side of the receiver on the flat part just above the stock and under the rear sight. The last 2 numbers of the serial number is stamped on other parts on some guns. The values are:

excellent-$2500, very good-$1750, good-$1000, fair-$800, poor-$500.

A gun in 80% condition is worth $2000 to $2200.

I hope this helps you,

Tom

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Serial number where you specified is. " G43 74 m ac 44" and where the slide action grip and on the bottom of the stock cheek plate is stamped "74" also. So does the 74 have to be the serial number?
Expert:  TOM308 replied 2 years ago.

It will be the serial number if it is in the place I said to look. It would be an early 1944 manufacture, probably Jan. of 1944.

Tom

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Does this change the value being such a low #
Expert:  TOM308 replied 2 years ago.

No, it doesn't. On German guns from the WWII era, they would have used Numbers with "ac 43" for the guns made in 1943 and then start over in 1944 with the number and "ac 44". Guns made in 1945 would have "ac 45"

Tom

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I see. You are once again awesome!!! On my dads property in NM right now and will get back with you this afternoon.
Thanks Tom
Michelle
Expert:  TOM308 replied 2 years ago.

You're welcome and thank you!

If you need anything else, let me know.

Tom