Bill, Gunsmith
Experience:  40 yrs. experience as master machinist/tool and die maker and gunsmith. I own and operate a tool and die shop and custom gunsmithing/gunmaking shop.

I have 3 Browning "sweet 16" shotguns. Their serial numbers

I have 3 Browning "sweet 16" shotguns. Their serial numbers are 2s 96274, 4s 27386 and 4s 21134. All three are brand new still in the box with all factory paperwork. I believe their manufacture date is 1956. According to the gentleman that i secured these from, these shotgun were never ever fired. I am looking to sell but i need to know what price range is appropriate.
Category: Firearms
Expert:  Bill replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I would be glad to help you any way that I can by answering your question to the best of my ability.
1958-1976 Serial number sequence changed to include a one or two digit number followed by an alpha character.
The 2S96274 was made in 1962, the other two, 4S27386 and 4S21134 were made in 1964.
Browning Sweet Sixteen - This version is similar to the Standard-Weight and is chambered for 16 gauge only. It has a gold-plated trigger and was manufactured by FN between 1936 and 1976. The distinctive things to look for in a Sweet Sixteen are the gold-plated trigger, "Sweet Sixteen" script, and the lack of a suicide safety. (they relocated the safety)

NIB: $1500
Add 25% for matte rib.
Add 50% for vent rib.
This info was comprised from the 2012 Standard Catalog of Firearms.