TOM308
TOM308, Gunsmith
Experience:  15 YRS EXPERIENCE, LAW ENFORCEMENT ARMORER

What is an Ardesa "Spain", Black Powder Only, CL12, No. 053558

What is an Ardesa "Spain", Black Powder Only, CL12, No. 053558 worth?
Pamela XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Category: Firearms
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you're still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Your inquiry is the first response I have received. I have not received any answer.

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We'll be in touch again shortly.

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Expert with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for an Expert or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I paid 30.00 for an answer. If I don't get an answer I want my money back. Your site prompted me to pay the 30.00 because there was an expert waiting to answer my question rite then. It gave a bio and pix of him. I paid so I could get an answer. If you really don't have anyone to help me just refund my money and I'll look elsewhere.

Thank you.

Expert:  TOM308 replied 2 years ago.

Is it a rifle or handgun? If it is a handgun, single shot or revolver? Is it in-line. flintlock or percussion?

Tom

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It's a rifle. I'm a woman and don't know the difference between the last 3 things you asked. Can you ask me about about the details in dummy terms?

And lastly can you tell me more about it; year, where made/used. I need to sell it.

Pamela

Expert:  TOM308 replied 2 years ago.

A flintlock has a pan for powder on the side of the barrel, a percussion gun has a nipple that you put a small cap on, the hammer hits the cap and sends a spark through the nipple to fire the gun. An in-line usually has a bolt like a centerfire rifle has and the primer goes in the end of the barrel. It can also be a break-open style. It is hinged by the rear of the barrel and a lever is used to open the gun.

Ardesa guns are made in Spain and are imported by Traditions Performance Firearms. They are copies of American made guns, mostly from the 1800's.

Flintlock guns in very good to excellent condition are worth $250 to $300.

Percussion guns in very good to excellent condition are worth $325 to $375.

In-line guns are worth around $200.

The best way to sell your gun is to list it on AuctionArms.com or Gunbroker.com. On both sites you have complete control of the auction. You set the starting price, bid increments, reserve price if you want one, amount charged for shipping, type of payment accepted, etc. You can include up to 10 pictures with each auction. The buyer supplies you with an FFL of the dealer they want it shipped to and must go through a background check when they pick it up. The commission rate is around 1% which is extremely low. You receive payment before you ship the gun and the best part is no one comes to your house to look at it. I have very good luck using AuctionArms to sell guns and parts and have never had a problem with them.

I hope this helps you,

Tom

TOM308, Gunsmith
Experience: 15 YRS EXPERIENCE, LAW ENFORCEMENT ARMORER