Bill, Gunsmith
Experience:  40 yrs. experience as master machinist/tool and die maker and gunsmith. I own and operate a tool and die shop and custom gunsmithing/gunmaking shop.

What price for: Pistol, German Artillery 9mm Luger with 8”

What price for: Pistol, German Artillery 9mm Luger with 8” barrel and soft leather holster. Holster flap contains some unreadable characters followed by the date “1918” that appears to be created by an ink stamp. Date “1918” stamped on top of barrel, behind sight; serial numbers on all parts. Engraved initials “DWM” for manufacturer Deusche Waffen Munitions in script on top of bolt action. Manufacturers’ Stamps on barrel “slide” above trigger. Two extra clips with no numbers on them.
Category: Firearms
Expert:  Bill replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I would be glad to help you any way that I can by answering your question to the best of my ability.
Luger 1914 Artillery dated 1914-1918 - Fitted with an 8" barrel and chambered for the 9mm parabellum cartridge, it features a nine-position adjustable sight that has a base that is an integral part of the barrel. This model has a stock lug and was furnished with a military-style flat board stock and holster rig. The chamber is dated 1914-1918, and the safety and extractor are both marked. this model was developed for artillery and machine gun crews; and many thousands were manufactured, with one- to five-digit serial numbers-some have letter suffixes. This model is quite desirable from a collector's standpoint and is rarer than its production figures would indicate. After the war many were destroyed as the allies deemed them more insidious than other models for some reason.
Exc.: $3000, Vgood: $2000, Good: $1200, Fair: $900
The Artillery holster: Exc.: $850, Vgood: $700, Good: $550
Magazines: Exc.: $150, Vgood: $125, Good: $90
This info was comprised from the latest edition of the Standard Catalog of Military Firearms.