Bill, Gunsmith
Experience:  40 yrs. experience as master machinist/tool and die maker and gunsmith. I own and operate a tool and die shop and custom gunsmithing/gunmaking shop.

How much is my Limited Edition 2 Winchester model 94 30-30

How much is my Limited Edition 2 Winchester model 94 30-30 worth, Bought bran new from winchester in 1979 fewer than 20,000. made serial number 78L324 never been fired still in wood case never used new condishion
Category: Firearms
Expert:  Bill replied 4 years ago.
Hi, my name isXXXXX would be glad to help you any way that I can by answering your question to the best of my ability.
Winchester -
1979 "LIMITED EDITION II"; Model 94 - serial number range of 78L1- 78L1500.
1500 total production.
100%: $1595
This info was taken from the latest edition of the Blue Book of Gun Values.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This is gold plated and was avaliable in 1979 by winchester for $1,750. Is it just worth the $1,595.00 now?
Expert:  Bill replied 4 years ago.
The Blue Book lists the issue price at $1750. And it lists the 100% value at $1595. I was just wondering the same thing...

I just looked at the 2012 Standard Catalog of Firearms and it has the following:
1979 Limited Edition II -
Issue: 1500
NIB: $2500
I think there must be a misprint or something in the Blue Book. I'm going with the Standard Catalog of Firearms. I'm sorry I didn't look in that book first. Sorry for any confusion.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So your saying you think its worth $2,500.00 thats what blue book is? Also where would I sell it I do have the certificate with it and walnut case and its just Buetiful.
Expert:  Bill replied 4 years ago.
The Blue Book has some kind of a misprint.

The Standard Catalog of Firearms lists it at $2500. That's what I am going with.

You can use an online auction house. They all charge 1% of selling price and you are allowed to set a minimum bid. Here are some places to check out: