Bill, Gunsmith
Experience:  40 yrs. experience as master machinist/tool and die maker and gunsmith. I own and operate a tool and die shop and custom gunsmithing/gunmaking shop.

Colt Automatic Calibre 32 Rimless Smokeless Ser# XXXXX Good

Colt Automatic Calibre 32 Rimless Smokeless Ser# XXXXX

Good condition. No pitting. Even coloring. Black grips. I believe its a Colt 1903 comparing it to pictures found on the internet.

Approximate date of manufacture? Approximate value? Would this have been issued as a service weapon for military or railroad? Grandfather worked on both and no one in the family was aware of the gun until his recent death.

Hi, my name isXXXXX would be glad to help you any way that I can by answering your question to the best of my ability.According to the serial number your Colt 1903 Hammerless was made in 1920 -
1903 Pocket Pistol (Model M) - This was the second pocket automatic Colt manufactured. Chambered for the .32 ACP cartridge. Initially the barrel length was 4", then shortened to 3.75". 8-round detachable magazine. The standard finish is charcoal blue, with quite a few nickel-plated. Colt mfg. 572,215 civilian versions and approx. 200,000 more for military contracts. Mfg. between 1903 and 1945.
Civilian model - Exc.: $750, Vgood: $500, Good: $450
This info was mostly taken from the 2012 Standard Catalog of Firearms.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your help!
Your welcome.

Thanks again,