Bill, Gunsmith
Experience:  40 yrs. experience as master machinist/tool and die maker and gunsmith. I own and operate a tool and die shop and custom gunsmithing/gunmaking shop.

what is this shotgun worth. American Gun Co., New York; genuine

what is this shotgun worth. American Gun Co., New York; genuine Damascus.(choke bore), 12 Guage double barrel shotgun.#94815
Category: Firearms
Expert:  Bill replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I would be glad to help you any way that I can by answering your question to the best of my ability.
American Gun Co., New York; SxS, 12 gauge - various gauges, hammer or hammerless, damascus, or steel barrels.
A typical trade gun made around the turn of the century by the Crescent Firearms Co. to be distributed by H. & D. Folsum. These sometimes were known as "Hardware Store Guns", as this is where most were sold. This particular gun was chambered for 12, 16, and 20 gauges and was produced with or without external hammers. The length of the barrels varied as did the chokes. Some were produced with Damascus barrels, some with fluid steel barrels. The fluid steel barrels are actually worth 25% more than the Damascus. The values I give will be for the Damascus barrels.
Exc.: $330, Vgood: $300, Good: $250, Fair: $215
This info was taken mostly from the 2012 Standard Catalog of Firearms and the latest edition of the Blue Book of Gun Values.