ProShooter, Firearms Instructor
Experience:  Certified Firearms Instructor and Glock Certified Armorer.

any value today for an H&R model 922 revolver

any value today for an H&R model 922 revolver.  it has a 5 1/2" octagon shaped barrel, holds 9 rounds &  the serial # XXXXX with 127XXX. it is up for auction & the bidding starts at 125, but if it is only worth 50 or less, I would like to know. If purchased, I know the gun would need to be inspected by a gunsmith before it is fired
Good morning,

Here is the current Blue Book value for your 922. Your serial number seems to fall in the first variation.

-.22 rimfire cal., double action, 9 shot, 6 in. octagon barrel, pull pin cylinder release, blue finish, two piece over size walnut grips saw handle shaped, marked with company name and address on top of barrel, right side of barrel H&R 922 and caliber on left side of barrel, first variation (1927-1930) serial number range 119600*-145000*(estimate), second variation (1931) has new grip shape (saw handle shape eliminated) serial number range 145000*-160000*(estimate), third variation (1932-1937) has new safety cylinder, serial number range 160000*-171000*(estimate). Mfg. 1927-1937.

Add 40% for first variation.