TOM308
TOM308, Gunsmith
Experience:  15 YRS EXPERIENCE, LAW ENFORCEMENT ARMORER

Hopkins & Allen MFG CO XL. No 2 1/2 (5 shot) Pat MAR, 28.

Hopkins & Allen M'F'G CO XL. No 2 1/2 (5 shot)
Pat MAR, 28. 1871 APR, 27. 1875
Wooden handels

what is the value?????
Category: Firearms
Expert:  TOM308 replied 2 years ago.

The Hopkins and Allen "XL" revolvers are 5 shot double action guns that were chambered for the 22 rimfire, and 32, and 38 centerfire calibers. It is a solid frame with an exposed hammer or a "bobbed" hammer. The finish is nickel plated for most guns. Blued versions were also produced. The Blue Book values are:

100%98%95%90%80%70%60%
$160$140$120$100$85$70$55

Add 20% to 30% to the Blue Book values for retail prices.

I hope this helps you,

Tom

TOM308, Gunsmith
Experience: 15 YRS EXPERIENCE, LAW ENFORCEMENT ARMORER
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

but this is an XL 2 1/2 i have seen prices on the web (Hopkins & allen) 1 to 7 for $ 1500.00 to $ 2200.00 and very rear to non existant on the 2 1/2 models the serial # 3177 it was one of the first. but it is the blue with the wood handels

I don't understand

could this be true

yours truly

George

Expert:  TOM308 replied 2 years ago.

That is all the Blue Book lists. I just looked in the 2012 Standard Catalog of Firearms and they list the guns as "Army Revolver", "Navy Revolver", and a derringer. Under Merwin Hulbert & Company they are listed as 1st Model, 2nd Model, 3rd Model, etc. The prices on the Army, Navy, and the 1st Model, etc. are in the range you saw. What is the caliber of your gun and does it have lanyard loops?

Tom

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Cal .32

Expert:  TOM308 replied 2 years ago.

Under Merwin Hulbert there is a Pocket - 1st Model, 2nd Model, etc that were made in 32 and 38 calibers. They have 3.5" and 5.5" barrels. The values on these guns are:

Very good-$1250, good-$800, fair-$300, poor-$175.

Tom

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

MERWIN HULBER DO THEY HAVE THE MODEL 2 1/2

AND IF I WOULD SEND YOU PICTURES WOULD YOU BE ABLE TO GUESS THE VALUE

Expert:  TOM308 replied 2 years ago.

They don't list a 2.5 model, but not every model is listed in any of the books. Attach pictures using the paperclip Icon on the toolbar and I will look and try to figure it out. I will be going out for a while and will get back to you later today.

Tom

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
THANKS I APPRECIATE THE HELP I WILL SEND YOU THE PICTURES
Expert:  TOM308 replied 2 years ago.

That's what I am here for. I will get back to you later.

Tom

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
Expert:  TOM308 replied 2 years ago.

The pictures did not come through, I just received empty boxes. Try emailing them to customer service and ask them to forward them to me. I am not permitted to give out my email to customers.

Tom