TOM
TOM, Gunsmith
Experience:  17 YRS EXPERIENCE,Certified Armorer
47830436

I was cleaning my ruger p95 and upon assembly the slide is

I was cleaning my ruger p95 and upon assembly the slide is stuck just before where the assembly marks meet it wont slide up to the marks, and it wont slide back off
help

Do not pry on the gun, you can damage something and turn a small problem into a big one. What happens most of the time is the recoil spring and guide rod slide off of the barrel lug and jam in the trigger. If there is enough of the guide rod sticking out the front of the slide, use pliers to pull it out and press down on the front to raise the rear of the guide rod assembly and clear the trigger. It should allow you to take the slide off. Another thing that happens on Rugers is the ejector pops up before the slide is in place and jams the slide. Look through the magazine well and see if the ejector is up or down. If it is up, you should be able to grab it with a dental pick or a piece of wire bent into a hook and pull it down to free the slide.

I hope this helps you,

Tom

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

you are a genius thanks yep the ejector popped up I used a wire and wallah.

back to the desk drawer until i hope I never need it.