ProShooter
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor
Experience:  Certified Firearms Instructor and Glock Certified Armorer.
30945867

What is a Smith & Wesson 38 CTG, Smith & Wesson 32-20 and a

What is a Smith & Wesson 38 CTG, Smith & Wesson 32-20 and a Crosman Air gun Model 1377 American Classic-1322 Medalist worth today??
Category: Firearms
Expert:  ProShooter replied 2 years ago.
Good morning,

Can you please tell me the model numbers for the 2 Smith and Wesson guns?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Good Afternoon, The model number for the 38 Special CGT is[D386164] and the Model number for the 32-20 CGT is [137454]. I forund these number on the bottom of the gun head. These guns belonged to my father who passed away.
ok..those sound like the serial numbers, not the model numbers.

Do the revolvers open at the top, or do they have a cylinder that swings out?

If they have a cylinder that swings out, you may see something written on the frame, when the cylinder is open. It may say something like Mod. 10, etc. Do you see anything like that?

If you can upload pictures here, that would be especially helpful in identifying the guns.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Oh okay! The 32-20 has a number [55401]. And the 38 special cylinder doesn't swing open. Is there an e-mail to send photos of the guns?
You can upload the photos from your computer directly into this session by using the paper clip icon...

any other writing or patent dates or anything ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well the 38 special ctg did open and the model number is XXXXX I will take pics and upload and see if i can upload them.
ok, great. I'll wait for your pics.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
/Users/dwayne/Desktop/CIMG7135.JPG/Users/dwayne/Desktop/CIMG7136.JPG/Users/dwayne/Desktop/CIMG7137.JPG
Ok please give me some time to research this....
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Did you get the pics or were you able to open?
They did not open. Can you upload them here?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
not understanding how to upload pics here. I drug them in this box and you could'nt open them. Is there another way to attach them in this box??CIMG7137.JPG
CIMG7136.JPG
CIMG7135.JPG
Yes...when you save them to your computer, you can upload them using the little paper clip icon/picture that you see here where you type.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have a Mac so maybe that's why I don't see what you are saying.
No..I think you should see the same info regardless of your system. You can also try to email the photos toXXX@XXXXXX.XXX and ask them to forward them to me.

Let's take care of what we do know so far....

Your Smith and Wesson model 10-5: Below is the current Blue Book value for that gun:
MODEL 10 (.38 M&P POST-WWII)
- .38 Spl. +P cal., 6 shot, K-frame, round or square butt (4 in. barrel only starting 1992), fixed sights, 2 (disc. 1996), 3 (disc.), 4 (standard - disc. or heavy), 5 (disc.), or 6 (disc.) in. barrels, current mfg. utilizes Uncle Mike's combat grips, 36 oz.
Grading100%98%95%90%80%70%60%
MSR $814$595$400$295$235$165$135$120
Add $12 for nickel finish (disc. 1991, 4 in. barrel only).
The Model 10 is currently available in 4 in. heavy barrel only (a 4 in. heavy barrel nickel square butt variation was disc. in 1992).
To date, there have been 14 engineering changes in this model.

Secondly, the Crosman Air gun Model 1377 American Classic and 1322 Medalist: both of these seem to sell in the $50 range.

If you can get the pics of the last gun, I'll be happy to try to figure out what you have.....
ProShooter, Firearms Instructor
Experience: Certified Firearms Instructor and Glock Certified Armorer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry clicked the button to soon. What are the dollar amounts and what is the grading percentages??
What is your name to have XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX for the pictures to you?
The percentages are grades of condition, and the dollar amounts are what they are worth (book value) based on those conditions.

GRADING SCALE (roughly)

100% - new, flawless, unfired, new in box type condition

98% - virtually perfect...may have been fired a small number of times but kept in outstanding condition.

90% - 95% - excellent, well maintained condition usually

80% - 90% - very good condition, all original parts.

60% - 70% - good condition

You can have the pics sent to experts@justanswer.com. My info is here - http://www.justanswer.com/firearms/expert-james-reynolds/ Ask them to forward them to me.