Will
Will, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years experience in the trade
54715563

I have 2 antique black powder rifles

Customer Question

I have 2 antique black powder rifles and a few other firearms I would like appraised. I have pictures. Is there an expert online I could forward the pictures to?

The shorter rifle is roughly 42 3/8" long with a 28" barrel that is 9/16" OD and 9/32" ID.  The mfr seems to be something like Singer Cardiff.  There is a crown above an R and a couple of other letters (CE maybe?), a star and a fan shaped mark and maybe the number 10 stamped on the stock.

The longer rifle is approx. 46 1/2" long overall with a 22 3/4" stock and a roughly 31 3/4" barrel with an 25/32" OD and a 19/32" ID.  I can't find any distinguishing marks or stamps on this gun.  They may be obscured.  Can you help?
Category: Firearms
Expert:  Will replied 3 years ago.

Here are the instructions for posting your files or graphics to your question page so that your Expert can see them:

For graphics, click the paper clip or chain icon and then browse to choose a GIF, PNG, or JPG. Upload and then follow the prompts to insert it.

Regarding files, file size is limited to 1 MB. For zip files, PDFs, or spreadsheets, enter text (like "download this") in the reply box and then double-click to highlight it. Click the link icon (it's to the left of the paper clip icon) and use the browse dialog box to locate your file. Select it and then insert the link. Use the Preview button if you want to test the link and see if it works correctly.

For files bigger than 1MB, go to a free file hosting website such as MediaFire.com (Photobucket.com, Snapfish.com, Flickr.com) and click on the Upload button. Then navigate to your file and select it, and click the Start Upload button. When the uploading has completed you will be given a link to download the file. Copy the link and paste it in your question, and the Experts will be able to click on the link to download the file.

If you cannot get your file uploaded, please feel free to forward your graphic or file to us here and we will forward it to your Expert. Direct contact is not allowed and the email address for forwarding is experts@justanswer.com . Please note the name of your expert of choice, Will Gorges, and make sure the email address you are sending the image(s) from is the same you used when you subscribed to JustAnswer--if using a smart phone, just note your original email address in the text area. PLEASE be aware the email forwarding process can take 12 to 72 hours from Customer Service--I have no control over that! Thanks!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Will,

What additional information do you need? Is there anything you can tell me with the info already provided? Any educated guesses?

Thank you,

Barry
Expert:  Will replied 2 years ago.

I don't like guessing, but if you want a ballpark I can do that...

1. Belgian military musket cut to sporting use, originally in full form (full stock) circa 1854-65...retail $175-325

2. Prussian style breechloader circa 1867-1875, military, Franco-Prussian War era, appears to be full lenght from images, retail $275-475

=

Please remember to click the ACCEPT button if my answer has helped you in any way so I can be credited by Just Answer staff for assisting you...no additional charge to you! Thanks!