TOM
TOM, Gunsmith
Experience:  17 YRS EXPERIENCE,Certified Armorer
47830436

I have a 1937 czech army rifle that had been sent by Germany

\I have a 1937 czech army rifle that had been sent by Germany to Japan during WWII. It6 was used on Okinawa and brought home by my neighbor who fought in the Battle of Okinawa.

The rifle is in great shape, all original. The only flaw that I can find is a slightly cracked hand hold stock.

The info on the rifle: 1937 P8017, VZ.24 CESKOSLOVENSKA ZBROSOVKA, AS,BRNO

Can yoou tell what this might be worth and how to sell it?

Bob Burgstrum [email protected]
Bettendorf, IA
Category: Firearms
Expert:  TOM replied 5 years ago.

Your rifle is a Czechoslovakian built Mauser. It is chambered for the 8mm Mauser and has a 5 round magazine. The Blue Book values are:

100% - $600

98% - $575

95%--$500

90% - $450

80% - $325

70% - $200

60% - $100

Add 20% to 30% for retail values.

The best way to sell your gun is to list it on AuctionArms.com or Gunbroker.com. On both sites you have complete control of the auction. You set the starting price, bid increments, reserve price if you want one, amount charged for shipping, type of payment accepted, etc. You can include up to 10 pictures with each auction. The buyer supplies you with an FFL of the dealer they want it shipped to and must go through a background check when they pick it up. The commission rate is around 1% which is extremely low. You receive payment before you ship the gun and the best part is no one comes to your house to look at it. I have very good luck using AuctionArms to sell guns and parts and have never had a problem with them.

I hope this helps you,

Tom