TOM, Gunsmith
Experience:  17 YRS EXPERIENCE,Certified Armorer

What is the value of a Winchester 25-35 Rifle, Model 1894

What is the value of a Winchester 25-35 Rifle, Model 1894?

What is the serial number?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The Model 1894 was Winchesters first rifle built for smokeless powder and their most popular. There have been over 5,000,000 made to date. Your gun was made in 1905.

There are several versions of the Model 94 and the version you have will affect the value.

The Sporting Rifle has a 26" barrel.

The Fancy Sporting Rifle has a checkered stock and forend.

The Extra Lightweight Rifle has a 22" or 26" barrel with a 1/2 magazine tube, plain straight grip stock and shotgun style buttplate.

The Carbine has a 20" barrel and the Trappers Carbine has a 14", 15", 16" or 18" barrel. Values for the Sporting Rifle are:

excellent-$4000, very good-$3000, good-$1500, fair-$850, poor-$450.

Add 20% for takedown versions.

If you have one of the other models, let me know and I will give you the values.

I hope this helps you,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is Carbine with octogon barrel in excellent condition
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What is the value of the Carbine in very good condition? Is it less than what you provided in the original response?

The Blue Book values for the Carbine follow. They are trade in prices, add 30% for retail values.

Add 40% for any cal. other than .30-30 Win. or .32 Spl.
Carbines with special order features such as pistol grip, deluxe wood, checkering, etc. can bring even greater premiums than the rifle.

Carbines had a round barrel as standard. I would add another 15% for the octagon barrel. That would put the value of a gun in very good condition at about $4700.