TOM, Gunsmith
Experience:  17 YRS EXPERIENCE,Certified Armorer

I have a High Capacity Kimber Polymer S.S. Target .45 Auto.

I have a High Capacity Kimber Polymer S.S. Target .45 Auto. I bought the pistol new in the late 1990's and can't find any information on it anywhere. No value or in particular why Kimber stopped production of this pistol. Any information would be appreciated

The Polymer Model Stainless and the Polymer Model Gold Match Stainless were manufactured from 1998 to 2001 and 1999 to 2001. The Polymer Stainless was made in 40 S&W and 45 ACP, the Gold Match was made in 45 Acp only. There were 10 versions of the polymer framed gun made. There was not much demand for them and they were dropped in 2001.

Values for the Polymer model Stainless are:

Add $88 for Polymer Stainless Target Model (disc. 1999).

Values for the Gold Match are:

These are trade in prices, Add 20% to 30% for retail values.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
To bad. Far less than I paid. I forgot 1 thing. The clips are not marked with the Kimber name. In fact they have no manufacturers labeling at all. I would like your opinion as this has always been a concern to me. Your answered all my questions to my satisfaction and if you would not mind giving me your opinion on the clips I will hit accept answer as soon as I see the e-mail. Thanks

As far as I know, Kimber does not put it name on the magazines. It is not on the mags for my Ultra Tactical II or on any of the Kimber replacement Magazines that we sell at the store. It is on the packaging only.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you

You're welcome, glad I could help you. I swear by the Kimbers, My carry gun is a Kimber, they are extremely dependable and accurate. I have never had 1 come in for repair. The only work that I have ever done on them is to change the sights.