TOM
TOM, Gunsmith
Experience:  17 YRS EXPERIENCE,Certified Armorer
47830436

I have a Russian Baikal O/U Mu6-03 two barrel set (skeet &

I have a Russian Baikal O/U Mu6-03 two barrel set (skeet & trap) Mfg in 1974 with tula chokes. Any idea of the value.
Category: Firearms
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
OK, so after several weeks of not getting an answer and my question being "closed" several times, where or what do I do now to get the info I need ???
Expert:  TOM replied 5 years ago.

I have spent a few hours looking for your gun since you first listed it. It seems like you have the only one is the U.S.! I checked all of the old books back to 1980 and it is not listed. The only ones I can find are listed on a Danish web site. After I translated it and converted the price, it was a waste of time. It is listed for DKK 15.000,00 which is Danish Kroner. Converted to U.S. Dollars it is $2.94 http://www.thyoutdoor.dk/jagt/brugte-vaaben/haglvaaben/baikal-mu6-o-u.html

I did find a couple of articles about it and it is one of the top skeet and trap guns produced in Russia. It was imported as Baikal and Vostok. It was also known as Soviet Star.

The only 2 barrel set O/U that I could locate made by Baikal in the Blue Book lists at $700 in excellent condition. Add 20% to 30% for retail prices. There was one other model listed in a 1986 book for $1500. Converted to todays prices, I would double it. My best estimate after all of the research I have done is between $2800 and $3000.

Tom