Philip Van Cleave
Philip Van Cleave, Firearms Instructor
Experience:  Firearms instructor, 40 years experience with firearms.

I have a Rohm GMBH sontheim/BR PG 17 cal 38 special over under

I have a Rohm GMBH sontheim/BR PG 17 cal 38 special over under two shot derringer #25354. I'd like to know how old and what it's worth. Thank you
Thank you for using Just Answer!

Rohm GmbH produced inexpensive handguns during the late 1960s through the 1970s. Many of the guns were made under subcontracts for U.S. companies and/or distributors. Prices for their guns tend to run form $35 to $125, based on their shootability and not their collectability, unfortunately.

NOTE: The Blue Book, talking about a Rohm O/U derringer in .22 LR, says the gun is excellently made, BUT WARNS that they safety is an old design that could fail if the gun is dropped. Not sure if that applies to your gun, but very likely it does. (Prices on that particular gun run from $55 to $150.

I hope this helps.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I just recieved the answer on my Rohm derringer. I was wrong when I said it was a gmbh, it's really a gmrh. I dont know if this makes a difference or not, and it not 22long that you answered about it's a 38 special. Any difference.
Hmmm- it should be GmbH - that is the equivalent to "Incorporated" in English.

The gun books I have all clump their various revolvers and derringers together price wise since there is no real collector value in their guns, so the caliber makes no real difference. I wanted to let you know about the safety on their derringers so you were aware of the potential problem with the gun being dropped.