How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask TOM Your Own Question

TOM, Gunsmith
Category: Firearms
Satisfied Customers: 4274
Experience:  17 YRS EXPERIENCE,Certified Armorer
Type Your Firearms Question Here...
TOM is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just baught a Springfield Meteor 22cal single shot bolt action

This answer was rated:

I just baught a Springfield Meteor 22cal single shot bolt action rifle. It has the number 24 in a cricle stamped on left side of barrel. It also has silver/chrome trigger and a gold bead on the site at the end of barrel. no serial number are who manufactored it. I would love to know what its worth amd around the year it was made. It is fully operational and in great conditon if its as old as i think it is. Wood with groves on both sides and a regular gun blue barrel. Thanks Chris Greer


Stevens manufactured many utility grade bolt action rifles under the Springfield name and used Meteor on a few of them. The Model that comes up the most is the Model 52A. It is a single shot rifle popular for starter shooters. It was probably made around 1930.

Values are: very good-$200, good-$100, fair-$70, poor-$50.

I hope this helps you,


TOM and other Firearms Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Was there a large amount of different models of this gun.


There were at least 4 that I know of that were called Meteor. 2 are Falling Block Actions, so that eliminated them and the other is a 2 piece stock and pretty strange looking gun.


Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What does falling block mean?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
this gun looks like a normal 22 bolt action rifle. At the end of the bolt is a round part that cocks the gun as you sliding the bolt back and when u pull the trigger it acts like the firing pin this part is how you put this gun on safty
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
mine is a on piece stock


Sorry, I have been tied up with gun work all morning. A falling block is like a rolling block, not what you have. You have the bolt action and I eliminated what isn't your gun, that left the Model 52, A 1 piece stock, bolt action, single shot. It can be nothing else.


Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you so much for your time and research.



Chris Greer

You're welcome, happy to help.


Related Firearms Questions