Bill, Gunsmith
Experience:  40 yrs. experience as master machinist/tool and die maker and gunsmith. I own and operate a tool and die shop and custom gunsmithing/gunmaking shop.

I have a savage model west point 25 single shot lever action

I have a savage model west point 25 single shot lever action 22.on the barrel it says short,long or long rifle. It has the octagon barrel. Could ut tell me what it is worth.
Category: Firearms
Expert:  Bill replied 5 years ago.
Hi, my name isXXXXX would be glad to help you any way that I can by answering your question to the best of my ability.
The model 25 was mfg. between 1925 and 1929. It came with a 24" octagon barrel chambered for .22S, .22L, or .22LR, open sights, takedown, hammerless, tube magazine, plain pistol-grip stock.
Exc.: $450, Vgood: $350, Good: $250, Fair: $200, Poor: $125
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It's a single shot no tube loader,it does have a hammer and it doesn't break down
Expert:  Bill replied 5 years ago.
Are you sure it is a model 25? The only .22 cal. Savage makes with a hammer that is not a take-down model is the Model 30G "Stevens Favorite". Has a lever action with a short schnabel forend, and 21" octagon barrel.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes it says westpoint 25 right on the side
Expert:  Bill replied 5 years ago.
I'm sorry for the confusion, it's a bit hard to identify it without all the identifying things about the rifle. If you can bear with me, we'll get this thing indentified and get a value on it. How long is the barrel and exactly what kind of action is it; lever action, bolt action, or slide action?
Thank you,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It's lever action,the barrel measures where the shell loads to tip is 22inches. Serial number is XXXXX
Expert:  Bill replied 5 years ago.
The Model 25 was a pump or slide action rifle. I'm thinking it was a West Point Commemorative. Savage and Stevens made many rifles together so to speak. They both made various West Point models. Savage/Stevens model Stevens Favorite No.'s 17-29, and they were lever actions. It just so happens that they were made between 1894 and 1935. It is probably a "Favorite No. 25", made in '25, in a West Point model. There are quite a few variations of different models that are not mentioned in some of these gun value books. So, I'm saying, because of all the possibilities, that it is a "Favorite " West Point model, made in 1925. Everything seems to fit to that gun, even the serial #.
The "Favorite's" values - Exc.: $350, Vgood: $225, Good: $195,
Fair: $175