TOM, Gunsmith
Experience:  17 YRS EXPERIENCE,Certified Armorer

I have a Stevens 22 short-long rifle pump action(slide action)

I have a Stevens 22 short-long rifle pump action(slide action) named-Visible Loading Repeater/ pat. APR.30-07, needs to be cleaned up but still works

The Stevens Model 70 is known as the "Visible Loading Rifle". It is chambered for the 22 rimfire cartridge, has a 20" barrel and a 3/4magazine. The finish is blued and case-colored with a walnut stock. It has open sights but was available with no other options. It was available as the Model 70 1/2, 71, 71 1/2, 72, and 72 1/2. The different Model numbers denote various sight configurations. Otherwise they are Identical. They were made from 1907 to 1932.

Values are: excellent-$400, very good-$350, good-$225, fair-$100, poor-$75.

I hope this helps you,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

What do you mean by 3/4 magazine?

Fropm what I can see this has a tube mag, disappointingly the insert for the mag is missing.

It means the tube goes 3/4's of the way down the barrel. The inner mag tube assembly is available from Numrich Gun parts for $23.35.