TOM, Gunsmith
Experience:  17 YRS EXPERIENCE,Certified Armorer

I have an antique Sharps and Hankins four barrel pistol with

I have an antique Sharps and Hankins four barrel pistol with a patent date of January 25, 1859. 32 caliber. The company, Shaprs and Hankins notes Philidelphia, Penn. on the barrel. Can you give ma an estimate of it's worth. I may want to include this in my home insurance. Thanks I aso have a Canadian Firearms Registration Certificate which notes it is an antique pistol.

The pistol has been in my husband's (now deceased) possession for over 50 years but I cannot recall exactly which side of his family was the original owner.

J. Baker [email protected]
Category: Firearms
Expert:  TOM replied 5 years ago.

There are no listings in the Blue Book or Standard Catalog of Firearms but I did find one listed on Guns America's auction site. It is a Pepperbox in 32 rimfire with walnut grips. Sale price is $775.

Rock Island Auctions had 39 pepperbox's sold in December. Average price was about $1000. They are different manufacturers, but the same style gun,

I hope this helps you,