TOM
TOM, Gunsmith
Experience:  17 YRS EXPERIENCE,Certified Armorer
47830436

I have a 1941 model 12 winchester with factory cutts compensator.

I have a 1941 model 12 winchester with factory cutts compensator. I would say slightly better then good condition. checkering slightly worn on the right side of hand grip. skeet grade with 3 choke insert pieces. has original wood pug. 12 guage 2 3/4 shell. ser. no. indicates early 1941 pre war. May be interested in selling or trading but am not sure of value as there are many versions and widely valued, especially with cutts compensator.

The Model 12 is very collectible and in great demand. It is seen in many combinations of gauges, barrel lengths, ribs and stocks, all of which determine value.The more rare a particular combination, the higher the the price. The Skeet Grade was manufactured from 1933 to 1963.

Values listed for the Skeet Grade are: excellent-$1500, very good-$1200, good-$900, fair-$600 and poor-$350.

For guns with a solid rib, add 20%, with a Winchester Special Rib, add 30%. For guns with a milled rib, add 40%. Add 20% for 32" barrels on any Model 12 model. Add 30% for original box and papers. I can not find any mention of a Cutts Compensator in any of the books that I have. I have never seen one with a compensator on it and I have probably worked on or seen over a hundred different Model 12's. I also checked on Rock Island Auctions, Auction Arms and Gun Broker. It may increase the value.

I hope this helps you,

Tom

I found another one with the Cutts Compensator on it mentioned on the Firing Line Forum. No mention of values, they were just talking about compensator's. One guy had brand new, in the box complete sets for a 12 gauge.

Tom

Details
I happen to have several of the 12 ga. tubes, at least one each new condition, a couple of odd chokes, and a full boxed set of 12 ga. (including the upgrade adjustable tube) in the cardboard counter display box.

I also have the flyers containing details and installation descriptions for various guns, gauges, and barrel considerations.

Here are a few examples of new chokes:

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

The display box and unfired contents:

Register Here

For all those shooters with the CUTTS imitator, the POWERPAC, see these, along with a couple of oddball chokes:

Register Here

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thank you tom; thats the most important part of the question is the "cutts compensator" those i talk to tell me all sorts of things i.e. it devalues, it increases value, it doesn't matter. but how much. I will gladly send you pics. so you can verify and see it for yourself. dont know how though. could you please find more info with the compensator.

I will make a couple of calls tomorrow and try to get some more information for you. No guarantee, It seems like they are pretty rare. I will talk to the owner of the store I do repairs for. He deals directly with Winchester and has been in business for 64 years. Will also try Winchester historians.

Tom

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thank you tom;

No problem, you have me curious about it now.

Tom

I'm really sorry, but I have bad news for you. According to the Blue Book, on trade in, subtract 50% for factory Cutts Compensator.

I have spent a lot of time on this one. I hope you have all of the info you need.

Tom