TOM, Gunsmith
Experience:  17 YRS EXPERIENCE,Certified Armorer

what is the value of my remington model 11 12 gauge #331861

what is the value of my remington model 11 12 gauge #331861 and what year is it thanks.

There is a letter code on the barrel on the left side by the receiver. This is the date code and I need the letters to tell you the date of manufacture.

The model 11 was designed by XXXXX XXXXXing and was produced from 1911 to 1948. there were approximately 300,000 made. they were made in 12, 16 and 20 gauge.

A standard gun in excellent condition is valued at $375, very good-$325, good-$250, fair-$175. Add 30% for a solid or vent rib barrel. There was also a model 11B special, 11D Tournament, 11E expert, 11F premier and 11R. The 11R is a riot gun with a 20" barrel and prices are the same. Prices for the other models are much higher.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
their are pat# XXXXX 9 1900 dec 17 01 sept 30 02 june 6 03 feb 13 06 on the otherside the letters rep circled then what looks like a cross ?

Hi, They should be capital letters, either 2 or 3. If there are three, the second and third would be the same. Are you sure it isn't RPP?

Look on the left side of the receiver also.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thanks tom for your time the letters are REP on the right side if your shooting the gun on the left were all those dates also the remington web site states model 11 was introduced in 1905 discontinued in 1947 but the barrel has the 1900 pat# XXXXX ?

November of 1936 would be the date by the letters on the barrel,