TOM
TOM, Gunsmith
Experience:  17 YRS EXPERIENCE,Certified Armorer
47830436

I have a U.S. Arms Co. 12 ga. double barrel shotgun that belonged

I have a U.S. Arms Co. 12 ga. double barrel shotgun that belonged to my great great grandfather. It has a Laminated barrel. Serial number is XXXXX T12. Can you tell me anything about it? Thanks!
Category: Firearms
Expert:  TOM replied 6 years ago.

Your shotgun was made by the Crescent Fire arms Co. for Supplee-Biddle Hardware Co of Phila. Pa. Crescent was located in Norwich, Conn. and made good quality shotguns under their name and for many hardware and department stores. They would put a stores name on the gun for the price of the stamp. Crescent was purchased by J

Stevens Arms Co in 1930.

You should not shoot high power loads in a gun with damask's barrels, the steel is not strong enough to handle the high pressures. Low brass field and target loads are okay.

Value is around $ 550 in very good condition, $450 in good and $300 in fair condition.

Tom