Tom
Tom, Gunsmith
Experience:  17 years as a gunsmith, certified Armorer
47830436

I have a Walther pp 7.65mm. I put in a fresh magazine loaded

Customer Question

I have a Walther pp 7.65mm. I put in a fresh magazine loaded with 7 rounds. I fired one time, (hit the target) and the casing ejected perfectly. The "Chamber Loaded" inicator pin was visable indicating a live round was in the chamber.
I was done for the day, so I removed the magazine, and tried to rack the slide to remove the live round. The slide would not rack.
Can I disassemble the pp normally and push the round out with a wood or plastic dowel?
Category: Firearms Repair
Expert:  ProShooter replied 10 months ago.

Good evening,

Are you certain that you loaded the correct ammo into the gun?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
caliber was correct. Can't comment on the bullet still in the chamber. Suspect incomplete chambering or broken spring.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Good morning, again. I am just now seeing that you had asked for a phone call. First, what is the current status of the gun?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Safety is on and the gun with a bullet in the chamber is in my gun safe.

Ok...if the loaded chamber indicator is up and you are certain that there is a live round still in the chamber, I would not suggest pushing a rod/dowel down the barrel. I think that the safest thing for you to do is to bring the gun to a gunsmith. You probably have either a broken extractor, and issue with the recoil spring assembly, or something where the casing didn't seat properly. What you don't want to run into is pushing the round into some part of the gun like the ejector, etc. that may strike the primer.
Can I help you find a local gunsmith?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I would appreciate that, yes.

Sure thing. I just need your city and state please....