Tom
Tom, Gunsmith
Experience:  17 years as a gunsmith, certified Armorer
47830436

I had disassembled, then reassembled my p-95, and now I have

Customer Question

Customer: hello, I had disassembled, then reassembled my p-95, and now I have the barrel, and recoil rod showing. I cannot take apart the p-95 to solve the problem............weapon is for home defense,and is not used much.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: both the barrel and recoil rod is showing, and I am not able to completely reassemble the p-95 it just don't look right
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Firearms Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Firearms Repair
Expert:  Tom replied 1 year ago.

From what you describe you missed the barrel lug with the slide stop when assembling it. Pull the barrel as far forward as you can and then try to move the slide to align the take down notch. The slide stop can only be removed when the slide is in the correct position. You may need to use a rubber or plastic mallet to move the slide. If this is the case be careful, you don't want to damage anything, just tap the slide.

Let me know how you make out,

Tom,

I will be out for the next 3 hours, I will check in when I get back.