Tom
Tom, Gunsmith
Experience:  17 years as a gunsmith, certified Armorer
47830436

I have a Torkelson double barrel shotgun with a selective

Customer Question

I have a Torkelson double barrel shotgun with a selective trigger that doesn't work because a spring or springs are missing. I have looked for patents but can't find any. Can you help?
Category: Firearms Repair
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.

Good evening,

The Torkelson is a rather obscure gun - have you had a gunsmith look at the issue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know the gun and its history very well and I'm I licensed collector. I hope this isn't what I paid $35.00 for
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.

What would you like to happen here?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'd like to know how the trigger selector should work. I've had it to two gunsmiths and the say there is a spring missing and to have them figure out what
it should be designed like would be
very expensive. The right barrel shoots then it switches to the left and that one shoots but when the left barrel is selected first it won't switch over to fire the right side unless I manually move the selector switch
Expert:  ProShooter replied 1 year ago.

OK, thank you for clarifying. I am going to opt out to allow one of the gunsmiths here to assist you.

Expert:  Kraig Vollmer replied 1 year ago.

If you have one of the springs that is still good and not broke one can be made by copying it if your gunsmith were you take it knows how to make springs. I have made springs for guns that were out of production and no parts could be found.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I agree but that's the problem. The springs / springs aren't there. I've been dealing in firearms for 42 years and have both made and have had springs made but the gunsmiths I have contacted don't have a clue and they're very reputable. They say it will take hours to experiment and try different designs with no garuntee