Tom
Tom, Gunsmith
Experience:  17 years as a gunsmith, certified Armorer
47830436

My name is ***** *****,
, I have a liege 12 gauge

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a liege 12 gauge double barrel shotgun. I have had it since the early 50 ties, It has not be used for the last 45 years. The hinging is a little loose and I am wondering if there is a way tightening it up. If it is a reasonably inexpensive repair I would like to use it to take my grandchildren bird hunting. IF it is not possible to repair it will become a wall ornament.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Firearms Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: That sounds good
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Firearms Repair
Expert:  ProShooter replied 11 months ago.

Hello... what make and model of shotgun do you have?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have been looking the gun up on line. It seems that they have made the same gun from 1926 to 1965. The leige united arms
company. This one is very basic model but I could not find any model numbers.
Glen

Thank you for the information. Yes, it can be repaired by a qualified gunsmith, but the cost of repair may exceed the value. If you tell me your city/state, I can locate a gunsmith for you.