Mark Taylor
Mark Taylor, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Certified Public Accountant
93680669

2015 adjusting entries/depreciation for your or your CPA.

Customer Question

2015 adjusting entries/depreciation for your or your CPA. Our LLC account just sent me this email and I have no ideal what she is talking about.
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I'm a operating partner in a restaurant I get paid to run two locations
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: like
Category: Finance
Expert:  Mark Taylor replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is Mark. I will be happy to help you with your questions. Is the accountant asking for the prior year journal entries? Did you switch CPA firms this year?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
NO I have always done my own taxes.

Is your bookkeeper asking for this information?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
sir

If you used a tax software to prepare the return the software creates a depreciation schedule. This is the information that is being requested.

It sounds like your bookkeeper is trying to determine how much to record for depreciation for the prior year.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok that helps

I hope you found this information to be beneficial. If this answered your question please take a few moments to rate my response. A rating is needed in order for me to receive credit for helping you today. The rating bar is located at the top of the page – ranging from 1 to 5 stars. If you need me to clarify aspect of my response or if there are additional areas of the question that you would like me to consider please let me know. I would be happy to continue the discussion. It has been my pleasure helping you today.