Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

I am late with submitting. Y 2014 and 2015 taxes. Problem is

Customer Question

Hi! I am late with submitting. Y 2014 and 2015 taxes. Problem is I totally forgot about these until my lender (that's right I'm buying a house) asked for it. Supposed to close 2/1 but I don't know if they will be processed in time as I just mailed it. Can I walk it up to the IRS office and have them stamp it (a photocopy) and process it that way
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I Do not believe so.
Category: Finance
Expert:  Lane replied 2 months ago.

Hi.

...

Yes, I'm afraid you've answered your own question! :0)

...

Yes, they WILL give you a "received" stamp.

...

As a heads-up, however, be sure that your underwriter will take that.

...

Likely, they will, but every underwriter has their own policy.

...

What they LIKE to do is get you to sign a 4506-T so that they can get a transcript.

...

But a lender that's sophisticated enough to understand that this is the equivalent ( a received stamp from IRS is proof of filing) will take it.

...

You might want to make that phone call AND if they won't call around a bit to see who will.

...

(Sometimes a mortgage broker who works with different lenders can help with these kinds of things - what each lender requires)

Expert:  Lane replied 2 months ago.

Please let me know if you have ANY questions at all, before rating me.

I hope you’ll rate me (using those stars, or faces on your screen, by clicking submit) based on thoroughness and accuracy, rather than any good news / bad news content.

Otherwise I’ll receive no compensation for the work here at all, from JustAnswer.

Thank you!

Lane

I hold a law degree, with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in finance a BBA, and CFP & CRPS designations, as well - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, non-profit, and tax advice, to clients on three continents since 1986.