PDtax
PDtax, CPA, MBA
Experience:  Tax professional and business consultant for 35 years.
64119565

Story short i hot suspended on ebay a few years ago. ive

Customer Question

hello. long story short i hot suspended on ebay a few years ago. ive bought a few ebay accounts online to start selling. whats the laws behind using fake ebay accounts to sell. also each account has a vcc with a fake name but i use my own bank card when i make purchases and withdraw money
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Finance
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
is it identity theft to have a virtual credit card with a fake name that you put your money in. when im saying fake name its not an actual person just some name i made up
Expert:  PDtax replied 20 days ago.

Hi from Just Answer. I'mCustomer and can assist.

Expert:  PDtax replied 20 days ago.

Using an online persona or DBA is legal. You are banking legally, but selling under acquired user history. Legal, not ethical.

eBay likely would close your purchased account once they know, but it's not illegal. They will say you breached their user agreement, but that's not illegal.

Customer/p>
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Also once u get a $20,000 limit you have to provide them so security number keep sellingand I hit the $20,000 mark and put my Social Security number down and there was no issues but I can walk there from my roster numbe and I hit the $20,000 mark and put my Social Security number down and there was no issues then I realized that one of the numbers in my Social Security Number I wrote was incorrect how can I fix this without getting in trouble with the IRS
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I'm sorry my first sentence I meant to say is once I sell either 200 items or I hit $20,000 in sales I have to provide social security number
Expert:  PDtax replied 20 days ago.
Customeragain. The site prompted me to follow up.

Fixing the error with eBay is easy. There is nothing yet reported to IRS, so there is no issue with them.

Thanks again for using Just Answer. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'mCustomer