How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ABC Accounting Group Your Own Question
ABC Accounting Group
ABC Accounting Group, Financial Advisor
Category: Finance
Satisfied Customers: 189
Experience:  Accounting Manager
Type Your Finance Question Here...
ABC Accounting Group is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am co-signer on someone's student loan with Salllie Mae.

Customer Question

I am co-signer on someone's student loan with Salllie Mae. The person cannot finish school because of medical condition. What happen if I cannot afford payments and stop paying? Can you suggest lenders who can refinance this loan for lower interest rate?
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Finance
Expert:  ABC Accounting Group replied 19 days ago.

Hi. Sorry to hear. I would first contact a loan officer at Sallie Mae and discuss your intent to refinance your student loan. Tell him/her that you are having trouble making payments and request an interest rate or balance reduction. Discuss your income and overall credit situation to give Sallie Mae a better sense of your financial status so it will be able to make a more educated business decision. is an online option to see if there are any better rates.

Let me know if you have any questions. Thank you.

Expert:  ABC Accounting Group replied 16 days ago.

Let me know if you have any questions. If no questions, a positive rating is very much appreciated. Thank you.

Related Finance Questions