bkb1956
bkb1956, Finance Enthusiast
Experience:  IRS Enrolled Agent, 18+ years of experience in tax preparation with associated finance experience.
71603090

My husband and I are both retired. He has Alzheimers and

Customer Question

My husband and I are both retired. He has Alzheimers and willl probably have to go to a health care facility in the near future. We have Medicare and Blue Cross/Blue Shield Supplemental Insurance. We do not have anything that will cover long-term care. Can he apply for Medicaid?
JA: The accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the accountant should know?
Customer: His income per year is $16,907. Mine is $31,332. WE own our home and 1 vehicle which is currently financed. Savings combined about $2500. No retirement accounts as I've had breast cancer twice and that was spent to pay medical/hospital bills.
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Finance
Expert:  bkb1956 replied 17 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Some people can be eligible for Medicare and Medicaid at the same time.

Each state has different rules about eligibility and applying for Medicaid. You can call your state Medicaid program to see if your husband qualifies and learn how to apply.

The following link contains excellent information that you will find helpful including the link for your state:

https://www.medicare.gov/your-medicare-costs/help-paying-costs/medicaid/medicaid.html

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb