Rakhi Vasavada
Rakhi Vasavada, Financial and Legal Consultant
Experience:  Graduated in law with Emphasis on Finance and have have been working in financial sector for over 12 Years
43581946

WHAT action should a person take if they suspect their CPA

Customer Question

WHAT action should a person take if they suspect their CPA of wrong doing?
JA: The accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: The CPA is also the trustee of the family trust. Many years have passed with no accounting. Who should I contact to review the finances of the Trust and the CPA's actions?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the accountant should know?
Customer: No
Category: Finance
Expert:  Rakhi Vasavada replied 4 months ago.

Dear Friend,

Hello and welcome. Thank you for providing an opportunity to assist you.

AICPA -- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants -- is a apex body governing CPAs. If you have any such complaints regarding any wrong doing or professional misconduct, you can certainly approach them. They have a laid down process to handle such complaints. CPAs, if found guilty may be subjected to penalties or can have their licences cancelled.

Please refer the following:

http://www.aicpa.org/InterestAreas/ProfessionalEthics/Resources/EthicsEnforcement/Pages/howto.aspx

Concurrently, you may go ahead, appoint another CPA and have the books of your trusts referred to him.

I am sure this would help.

You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, you may revert back with a reply if you need further assistance or if I have missed out on any aspect of your question.

Warm Regards,