bkb1956, Finance Enthusiast
Experience:  IRS Enrolled Agent, 18+ years of experience in tax preparation with associated finance experience.

I am thinking of purchasing a new 2016 Winnebago 42QD with

Customer Question

I am thinking of purchasing a new 2016 Winnebago 42QD with Diesel engine, 450 horsepower, fully loaded and costing approximately $315,000. If I do title and registration in New York (I live in Brooklyn) what will it cost me for title and registration? It will never be in New York of course but that is where my address and license are.
Submitted: 3 days ago.
Category: Finance
Expert:  bkb1956 replied 3 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Because the Winnebago you are thinking of purchasing will exceed 6,951 lbs., the registration fee schedule found online from the New York DMV at isn't going to pertain to your vehicle. While there is a maximum registration fee of $140 for private vehicles that do range within the category of 6,951 lbs or more, you should expect to pay a bit more than the maximum registration fee found on the registration fee schedule, with an additional $15 for plates, a new title fee of $50, and any sales and use tax applied by county. Because you live in Kings County (Brooklyn), you will also pay an MCTD fee.

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Expert:  bkb1956 replied 1 day ago.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know, and I will be happy to assist you further.

Best regards,