TaxRobin, Senior Advisor
Experience:  15 years of experience in financial advising with emphasis on tax issues.

I am being paid US dollars into my US account regularly

Customer Question

I am being paid US dollars into my US account regularly however I need to move them to my AUD account.
I need a suggestion of a strategy, software or app that alerts me on when to transfer the funds from my USD to AUD account so I am either not loosing value or at even making money. I do not mind waiting weeks or months HOWEVER what I need is an app or software that will alert me at which time to trasnfer funds to not loose money or make money based on the settings set. Eg the app alerts me when an increase of 2% in currency occurs and I only get alerted at that time. Then I know to trasnfer from my USD to AUD account.
Please suggestion solution with settings and relevant software or app that will do this for me as well as general tips on how I should configure it to do what I need it to do.
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Finance
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 29 days ago.

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 29 days ago.

There is a site (When2Convert) that will alert you.

You can choose how and when they alert you, based on an amount you set.

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Thanks for your response Robin. I am actually aware of this site. How do I configure it to alert me on when to make transfers only when I am going to make a profit of say 2%. How do I get it it similar software to remind me to transfer in order to make money on a USD to AUD currency account.
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 29 days ago.

You set your target for the AUD at the amount you want it reach. Today the conversion is 1 USD = AUD 1.3092

If you wanted it to be higher than you enter the amount you wish the AUD to be.

I can check for more software but When2Convert was the only one I knew about.