bkb1956
bkb1956, Finance Enthusiast
Experience:  IRS Enrolled Agent, 18+ years of experience in tax preparation with associated finance experience.
71603090

I am trying to help my sister with advice. Ho are you by the

Customer Question

I am trying to help my sister with advice. Ho are you by the way?
JA: No. I'm the Accountant's Assistant.
Customer: She wants to apply for Medicaid in Florida her husband left her with two small children etc
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: And she said she can't apply Bc she has a credit card
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: I told her I would try to find out Her daughter Has Down syndrome and gets so 733$ but that's her only income syndrome
Category: Finance
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My sister wants to apply for Medicaid and any assistance that can help her in Florida for her special needs daughter with Down syndrome Bc her husband left the country and she has s seven year old boy as well. She has a credit card she just got and she said she was told if she applies for assistance they will say no since she has a credit card. Her credit is bad and she isn't even using unless child needs a shirt.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is this true? She just wants to get some childcare and therapy for her special needs daughter, will she Get in Trouble I. E. Fraud?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
She told me she had the capital one card sent to her so possibly she could start fixing her credit, not to break any laws but that she needs food money and healthcare, I can help her a little but I'm struggling as well actually
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Elle, I am asking if the Medicaid people or the people who run social security numbers etc if they can find out she has a credit card? Bc I don't want her to go to jail or something
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
She lived in Florida and she just wants to take care of her children and get some computer training, wants to learn to code and to have a nice life to offer her children, you can text me any time, I don't prefer to talk Bc her kids will be awake soon and sometimes they are a bit loud and I cannot hear. But I really want to know if she can get into real trouble is all. Please ?
Expert:  bkb1956 replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

If your sister applies for assistance, and she is denied, she cannot get into any trouble.

Medicaid in Florida offers

Help with buying food

- Low or no-cost health care

- Cash Assistance

- Help paying Medicare Premiums

The following link is how she can find out if she's eligible for any of the above programs:

https://dcf-access.dcf.state.fl.us/access/scrflaiewelcome.do?performAction=init&showMensaje=true

This link contains additional, excellent information you will find helpful:

http://www.myflorida.com/accessflorida/

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No I am asking if she doesn't mention she has the credit card, can they find out anyway?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
But thank you for the resources you mentioned, I guess she already knows about wic. And cash asst etc but thank you so much
Expert:  bkb1956 replied 2 months ago.

Yes. If they use her social security number to check her credit report.

If they specifically ask if she has a credit card, she should said yes.

The first link is the actual way to find out if she's eligible.

Expert:  bkb1956 replied 2 months ago.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions. If so, please let me know so I can further assist you.

Best regards,

Barb