Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986

Regarding Credit Repair: I have a negative item that a

Customer Question

Regarding Credit Repair: I have a negative item that a credit repair company took care and managed to remove from 2 bureaus. The item will expire in 2018, and I was told that the best thing to do is to pay the debt and dispute it again with the receipt in hands. Is that correct? how can I handle this situation?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Finance
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Your credit report is your credit HISTORY, not your current state. Once is paid off there will be nothing to dispute. The record will not be removed but in most cases it will be updated as paid off or satisfied. It will stay on your credit report until it expires, usually 10 years. The only time the credit bureau will remove an item is if it was placed on your credit report by mistake or you were victim of identity theft/fraud.

Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 month ago.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Hi emc011075.

I would like to have an answer from another expert.
Could you please opt out?

Expert:  Lane replied 1 month ago.

Please explain what this "item" is.