Dr. Fiona Chen
Dr. Fiona Chen, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Experience:  Former IRS Revenue Agent
72280797

I need a tax consulting session for a non composite tax

Customer Question

I need a tax consulting session for a non composite tax question. I do not think I will be able to get help just by back and forth answers. I will pay for the session. The person should have knowledge about filing state tax returns for a non composite K-1 that a tax payer has received.Thank you,
Prashant
Category: Finance
Expert:  Dr. Fiona Chen replied 7 months ago.

Dear Customer,

I may be able to consult with you. I am from Illinois, too. But I want to make sure that we are on the same page before I offer the premium service. If I don't feel that I am a good fit, I will opt out so that other experts will be able to consider the consultation.

I know what a composite tax return is. A non-composite K-1 makes the K-1 a regular K-1. Is that what you have in mind?

Please advise from what type of tax form is the K-1 issued.

Thank you.

Regards,

Fiona Chen, MPA, Ph.D., CPA, ABV, CFF, CITP

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
A client has approached me. He has four K-1s. Two are composite and two are non composite. For non composite one he has been told that the state return should be filed by his tax preparer and there are over five states. So I need help on that one.

Dear Customer,

It is doable. Lets see whether we can work together. I have offered the service.

Thank you,

Fiona

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
You have offered me a phone call. I would like to do a screen share.I also hope that the 100% gurantee means I can ask more questions if I have after the phone call. Please confirm.

Dear Customer,

Allow me to opt out.

Thank you.

Regards,

Fiona

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No body has contacted me. Do you think I should repost my request?

Dear Customer,

I thought some other expert has offered you and continued with your K-1s. I am sorry. Can you accept my offer to get started? Once you accept the premium service, any work beyond between us is up to both of us. Each K-1s comes with a state return. For each state tax return, we need to basically verify with the state's regulations. If you want me to guarantee the completeness of the K-1s to your satisfaction, it is like not only I do the work, I also have to charge you for your understanding of the matter. That is like a job of 1,000 or more. That may not be what you have in mind. But we can get them started and you understand the scope and process.

If you would like to accept the offer, we can get started soon.

Regards,

Fiona

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am paying a monthly rate and then I am retaining her services. I do not mind paying but she will not do a screen share and she will not be willing to provide 100% satisfaction for the money by agreeing to answer further questions on the specific topic. I do not need her to explain a K-1 to me as I am also a CPA. I have a specific question on a topic and I just need a clarification on that which she clearly was not able to provide.

Dear Customer,

Your response came back to me. I will opt out and forward you posting to the customer service.

Regards,

Fiona