TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Senior Advisor
Experience:  15 years of experience in financial advising with emphasis on tax issues.
14155347

I have my own Limo Company LLC and my wife has been helping

Customer Question

I have my own Limo Company LLC and my wife has been helping me clean the limos. She needs a new used vehicle to commute to the shop and clean the vehicles and some personal use- Im wondering if I should hire her and have the LLC purchase the used vehicle, or If she should start her own Cleaning Company LLC and use the money I will pay her to purchase the car?
Category: Finance
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 7 months ago.

Hello, I'm Robin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and typing up my reply. I'll post that in just a few moments.

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 7 months ago.

If your company bought the vehicle and she used it to get to work that is not deductible.

She would be better off having her own company and then the miles could be claimed for her travel to business locations.

Take care though, if she only services your limos that could make her an employee and then the miles are commuting again and not deductible.

If you rate in a positive way (look for the STARS or SMILEY FACES) I am credited with responding. It adds nothing to your costs but it assists me.

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 7 months ago.

It has been a couple of days so I wanted to check back to see if you needed clarification.